Monday, March 2, 2009

Thank you Uncle Paquito ( Frankie )





My beloved Uncle Frank taught me everything I know about gardening. I hung out with both he and Aunt Augie every day. Aunt Augie taught me cooking and baking. They were and still are a huge influence in my life. My parents were kind enough to share me...

Uncle Frank gave me some cymbidium orchids which he divided from his plants a good 32 years ago. I have made division from those original plants over the years, and the plants are all about the yard. This year has been a great year for blooms! I will share with you some near my front entry. So pretty eh??

2 comments:

Juliette said...

i'm desperately searching for my green thumb. my hydrandeas are coming back though!

pjtog said...

Just beautiful! Joby gave me a few sprays of hers and they are also really vibrant this year!