Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kombucha what?






Okay, yes I know, I am doing ONE MORE THING! My daughter had been drinking bottle kombucha. The stuff is kinda pricey. I was aware of this health elixir for many years, but never really read up on it much. After doing a bit of exploration, I found that brewing this stuff is like a mini science project, and who doesn't LOVE science projects?

You'll see the set up, the water & tea, and then the development of the SCOBY ( symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast ). The the final product which is a delicious fermented tea full of pro-biotics B vitamins amino acids, mmmm along with a fine light fizz. But the thing is reproducing like crazy! HAHAHA, much like bees!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to make this stuff forever. I think I printed up a recipe for it and now I will have to go look for it. I LOVE Kombucha tea. It is pricey, so making it will be a smart choice.